A Campaign will consist of multiple Sieges. In the current pre-alpha playtest, players will select a faction – Balance, Chaos or Order – when they enter the Campaign and this will be their faction for the duration of that Campaign.
- Forts can be claimed
- 1 hour imunity time
- require you to plant a Tree of Life on the platform at the top level of the great hall.
- To plant a Tree of Life, you need a Golden Apple.
- These Golden Apples will spawn at building material POIs (mines, mills and quarries), and they will drop occasionally when harvesting trees.
- For the first five minutes after the Tree of Life is planted, the Keep will be protected from attack.
- The Tree of Life will also provide complete protection to the walls, towers and buildings of that stronghold until a Siege is initiated by an opposing faction.
How to Siege a Keep
- The attacking faction must feed a Banewood Tree at one or more of the three predetermined locations around the Keep.
- To grow a Banewood Tree, players must bring a Golden Apple and a Hunger Shard to the small dais where the trees spawn.
- Hunger Shards can currently be found by skinning hellcats and boars (and, in the near future, will also be available in the chests surrounding mines, mills and quarries).
- After the first Banewood Tree is planted, there will be a five-minute period before the actual siege begins
- Catapults can be found at fixed locations around the outside of the Keep. They can be built up with materials found at the aforementioned POIs.
- Once they’ve been built, players can use them by standing in the glowing rune at their left and pressing F to interact.
- You can aim them by shifting the reticle with the mouse, and then press the 1 key to fire. If you want to leave the catapult and get right into the fight, just press F to dismount the catapult and take control of your character again.
- attackers must destroy the Tree of Life to win and defenders must destroy all available Banewood Trees or wait until the 30 minute (alpha) siege time runs out to break the siege.
- When the Siege ends (whether in victory or defeat), any wall or tower segments that had their magical barriers (the blue health bar) completely destroyed will return to their foundation state and will need to be build up again.
- If the attackers win the Siege, there is a 30-second stand-off window in which a new Tree of Life cannot be planted and (thus) the Keep can’t yet be claimed.
- As soon as this period is over, anyone will be able to plant a new Tree of Life, thus claiming the keep for their faction.
- If the defenders succeed in protecting their Keep, there is a 10-minute window of invulnerability in which no new Banewood Trees can be planted.
Keep in mind that ALL of the above timers are adjustable and will most likely change until release.